Spaldwick Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Post Title: Site Agent
Hours: 15 hours a week
Contract: Permanent, 52 weeks
Salary: Scale 2, point 12-14, £17,173 (pro rata)
Starting date: asap
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Site Agent with high expectations and a positive ‘can do’ attitude who can manage our premises to ensure it is a safe place for all children, staff, parents and visitors.
This is a busy, friendly school and we are looking for a positive, hardworking, Site Agent who has a keen commitment to providing high standards of service delivery of customer care.
This is a 52 week contract, 15 hours per week which could either be set hours or split shift; start date is September 2018.
Our Site Agent will:
• Act as principle key holder
• Manage our cleaning staff
• Manage the day to day premises ensuring that we are compliant, in conjunction with our School business manager and our property management company
• Conduct fire safety and health and safety checks for the site
• Be responsible for opening and closing of the school
• Undertake general repairs and maintenance around the school, general handyman skills are essential
• Be knowledgeable in relation to Health and safety regulations
• Carry out general porterage and event set up
• Undertake other duties as referenced in the Job Description.
• Have experience in a similar role, ideally in an educational environment
• Have good customer care and people skills
• Be organised, self-motivated with a professional approach whilst being adaptable and flexible
• Be a good team motivator
• Be able to work independently and in a proactive manner, with good time management skills
• Have general ICT skills, including email.
• Ideally have knowledge and experience of working with building heating, security and alarm systems and hazard identification and risk assessment, or be willing to undertake training in these areas.
• Have a flexible approach to working hours as on occasions you will be needed for evening and weekend lettings which of course you will be paid for at the appropriate rate.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged.
An application pack can be downloaded from our website www.spaldwickschool.org.uk or contact, the Headteacher by email: email@example.com