Post: KEY STAGE 2 TEACHING ASSISTANT (PART-TIME)
Location: Laureate Community Academy, Newmarket
Start date: January 2019
Salary: Grade 3, below the mid-point bar / £6237 - £6654 per annum
Contract type: 16.25 hours per week (3.25 hours per day, Monday-Friday)
38 weeks per year
Additional hours may be available according to the needs of the school
Contract term: Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 14th December 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 19th December 2018
We are seeking a skilled, committed and experienced Teaching Assistant to join our Key Stage 2 team. We are a welcoming, inclusive school community rated ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features by Ofsted.
The successful applicants will:
• Have a positive impact on the attainment and progress of pupils;
• Undertake a range of specialised tasks to support the learning and development of pupils;
• Promote pupil independence and positive behaviours for learning through a ‘least help first’ approach;
• Have an appropriate level of expertise, qualifications and/or experience in English and maths.
As part of the highly regarded Unity Schools Partnership (formerly known as Samuel Ward Academy Trust), we offer:
• Friendly, energetic pupils who are keen to learn and appreciate the support that they are given;
• A wide range of CPD opportunities, in association with the Suffolk Borders Teaching Alliance;
• Opportunities for career progression across the trust;
• A dedicated, supportive team of professional colleagues and governors.
Visits to the school are encouraged - please contact the school office for further details:
• Telephone 01638-663927
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the school, visit the school website (www.laureateacademy.co.uk); you can also find us on Facebook (Laureate Primary School) or Twitter (@LaureatePrimary). If you would like an informal discussion or meeting prior to submitting your application, please contact the Headteacher via the office in the first instance.
Please return completed application forms by email to Mrs Anne-marie Shropshire, HR Advisor (email@example.com) or by post to Laureate Community Academy, Exning Road, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 0AN.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for relevant posts. Unity Schools Partnership – welcoming diversity.
School website: http://www.laureateacademy.co.uk