Required for September 2019, we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated & enthusiastic teacher of Art. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork & support, where staff are committed to raising attainment. The Academy has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion.
Applications are welcomed from both experienced & newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme to NQTs) & visits to the Academy are welcomed.
We relocated to a new £20.6 million state-of -the-art building in September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment. The Academy is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) with the recent inspection stating:
• Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
• Pupils are making very good progress
• Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
The successful candidate will:
• be passionate about their subject with a personal interest in contemporary art & art history
• be able to teach across the age & ability range, bringing creative ideas, energy & enthusiasm using a wide range of different art media
• demonstrate strong teaching skills with the ability to inspire students & using their enthusiasm with their own art practice provide enjoyment of the subject to ensure all students reach their full potential & obtain excellent results
• have knowledge of photography (desirable but not essential)
• a state-of-the-art teaching environment;
• personalised professional development;
• an opportunity to join a well-established & successful department;
• laptops for all staff in addition to desk top computers in all rooms;
• guidance, advice and support from an inspiring senior leadership team
• an opportunity to join a friendly & supportive staff at this popular oversubscribed Academy recognised locally & nationally for its continued improvement.
Application forms & further information about this post are available from our Website or from Katherine Scothern, by telephone or email to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday - Monday, 4th February 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two suitable references & a successful application for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
School website: http://bushfield.co.uk