Spalding Parish Church of England Day School
Clay Lake, Spalding. Lincolnshire. PE11 2QG
Tel: 01775 722333 Fax: 01775 712983
Follow us on Twitter: @SPCEDS
Acting Head Teacher: Diane Mulley
1-1 Teaching Assistant Job Vacancy
GLPC 3 Point 6 (10 hours 2 hours each afternoon)
To provide medical support for a pupil with Type 1 Diabetes in Foundation Stage
This is a temporary position pending a medical funding review in July 2019 or the child leaving the school.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic 1:1 Teaching Assistant Level 1 to join our busy school who:
• Holds an NVQ3 or equivalent
• Has experience of working with children with Diabetes
• Has experience of working with children with medical/additional needs and be able to adapt the curriculum under the guidance of the class teacher and the SENCo and deliver individual programmes of support.
• Is creative and caring with a commitment to quality educational provision.
• Has a good standard of spoken and written English and Maths is essential, along with lots of enthusiasm.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
• Provide ongoing medical support to meet the needs of the child following their Health Care Plan
• Complete written records of care and treatment undertaken
• Liaise with class teacher and SENCo
• Liaise with outside agencies and parents, under the guidance of the class teacher and SENCo
We are looking for a candidate who has:
• Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with pupils, staff, parents and other professionals
• Experience of working in a similar role
• Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
• Flexibility, adaptability and a willingness to learn and develop existing skills
• A sense of humour and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile’
In return, we will provide:
• Excellent professional development
• A very strong and supportive team of colleagues and a caring Church School ethos
To obtain an application pack please contact Jane Williams, the School Business Manager, at the school by telephone or download an application pack from the school website, www.spaldingparish.lincs.sch.uk. Please return a completed application form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Wednesday 23rd January 2019 with interviews taking place week commencing 28st January 2019.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check will be necessary for this post.
School website: http://spaldingparish.lincs.sch.uk