Director of Curriculum (Science)
MPS / UPS + TLR 1 (£9,472)
Full-time / Permanent
Required from: September 2019
Are you an ambitious, dynamic, forward thinking, energetic educational practitioner?
Are you looking for an exciting new teaching and leadership opportunity that will be professionally invigorating, challenging and rewarding?
We are seeking to appoint a transformational leader who will help the school continue to develop and thrive as a successful comprehensive school by making a direct contribution to raising achievement in Science.
The successful candidate will be an inspirational person and must have the ability to teach KS3, KS4 and preferably KS5. We are looking for a person with outstanding leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal skills to drive forward the changes that will lead to Science being regarded as a beacon of excellence in the school.
The successful candidate will:
• Have the ability to enthuse and motivate students
• Have energy, enthusiasm, creativity and resilience
• Have a passion for their subject
• Have a proven track record in the classroom
• Be a successful leader and manager who has led, implemented and managed change
• Develop new ways of learning to adapt to the new curriculum
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
• Be able to analyse and interpret data to improve outcomes
• Have a growth mind-set, inspiring others and leading by example
• Be committed to their own professional development with the aim of broadening their leadership remit in the future
Stowmarket High School is situated in picturesque mid Suffolk with excellent commuter links to Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich. We are an inclusive 11 – 18 Academy and part of Waveney Valley Academies Trust. Construction of a new school has commenced on our current site and we plan to move in to our new state of the art school in 2020.
In return for working at Stowmarket High School, staff are assured of a welcoming environment with supportive colleagues and a strong focus on staff induction and ongoing professional development, a consistent and supportive approach to behaviour for learning together with inspirational and dynamic leadership.
Other staff benefits include:
• Opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
• Child care voucher scheme
• Commitment to staff well-being & work life balance
• Ongoing Professional Development opportunities within the Trust
For more information, visit our website at www.stowhigh.com
Visits to the school are welcome. To arrange a visit, please contact Michele Miall, Headteacher’s PA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit a completed application form to Michele Miall, Headteacher’s PA at: email@example.com
Closing date: 10.00am, Wednesday 27th March 2019
Interview date: w/c 1st April 2019
Stowmarket High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
School website: http://www.stowmarkethigh.suffolk.sch.uk