The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance.
Highfield Littleport is a well-resourced, area special school. The school opened in September 2017 and is growing steadily. In September it is likely to have nearly 100 pupils on roll between Key Stage One and Key Stage 4, all of whom have Education, Health and Care Plans. Highfield Littleport works in partnership with Highfield Ely, and the Department Leader will have responsibility for working as part of a joint leadership team across both schools.
This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding practitioner to join our experienced, forward thinking and cohesive senior leadership team. In the first instance the successful candidate will be leading a department at our Littleport school. The post will a responsibility for developing an area of Curriculum provision across both schools which can be discussed at interview.
We are looking to appoint:
• An outstanding and dynamic practitioner who leads by example
• A person who is able to embed high quality provision for all learners
• An excellent communicator with a high level of organisational and interpersonal skills
• A creative and enthusiastic leader with the ability to lead staff and contribute to the strategic vision and development of the whole school alongside our SMLT
In return we offer:
• Supportive colleagues and excellent resources and school grounds
• A strong leadership team with a shared vision of school development for Highfield Academies
• Working alongside a welcoming, caring and supportive staff who are committed to providing the best outcomes for all learners
• An exciting opportunity to make a difference and influence practice
• Excellent development opportunities within Highfield Academies and the Active Learning Trust
Closing date for applications: Midday on Friday 26th April 2019
Interviews to be held on Friday 3rd May 2019
For more information and a tour of the school, please contact the Academy on 01353 223301. Application forms can be downloaded from our school website www.highfieldlittleport.org .