The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Position: Part Time Year 6 Teacher
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Salary: MPS/UPS (dependent upon candidate)
Contract: Fixed Term Contract (01/09/2019 - 31/07/2020)
Term: Part-Time (50%) – mornings only - 4/5 days a week (negotiable)
Applications Close: Monday 20th May at 12.00pm
Interview Date: Wednesday 22nd May
We are looking to employ a dedicated, driven and experienced Y6 Teacher to start on 1/9/19 to join our hard working team, to enable our children to SUCCEED! You will work with the current Year 6 team and teach English, Maths, GPS and intervention on a 1:1 and/or group basis.
Longthorpe is a creative school with children who behave very well and are eager to learn.
The school offers you:
• a friendly and passionate atmosphere
• an excellent Year 6 team who support each other very well
• a range of CPD to develop your own practice
• a supportive and forward thinking SLT who support a healthy work-life balance, for instance, school finishes at 2:30pm on a Friday!
• opportunities to work in a strong, established Jack Hunt Cluster, to share good practice with colleagues across the City
• a supportive network of colleagues, through our local and self-founded Multi Academy Trust (PKAT)
• An iPad and laptop that work!
• Free tea/coffee
• ‘Perkbox’ membership - where you can access support, and gain discounts from big name brands
We are looking for a teacher who will:
• have enthusiasm/passion
• be well organised, hardworking and willing to go the ‘extra mile’
• raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of all students regardless of ability
• have excellent subject knowledge of Year 6 KS2 curriculum, particularly UKS2
• have successful experience of teaching in KS2/Y6, including contributing to excellent results (Y6 SATs attainment)
• have the ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents to ensure clarity and continuity
• be able/willing to attend some staff meetings and training days
How to apply:
1. Please download (complete and return) the application form from our website: www.longthorpe.net/about-us/vacancies
2. Please provide, with your application, a covering letter (no more than 2 pages) outlining the skills and attributes that would make you a good candidate for the job.
3. You can either post or email your application form and covering letter; email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are welcomed from both experienced and newly qualified teachers. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further with Ryan McLay/Sam Harris (Headteacher/Deputy), please contact the school office on 01733 265959 (option 3) or via email: email@example.com to make arrangements for a chat about the position. If you do not get short listed for this particular post, please do not let this deter you from applying for any future positions.
The successful applicant will be employed subject to satisfactory references, acceptable health and DBS safeguarding checks. Canvassing any member of staff or the governing body, directly or indirectly, is prohibited and will result in a disqualified application. Staff recruitment and selection is conducted in line with our Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, and Recruitment and Selection policies.
Ryan McLay – Headteacher Sam Harris - Deputy Head
Longthorpe Primary School
Bradwell Road, Peterborough, PE3 9QW, Tel: 01733 265959
School website: http://www.longthorpe.net