As we prepare for the retirement of our long serving Finance Secretary, we require an enthusiastic and diligent person to join our office team at the heart of our school as a school Secretary including responsibility for Finance.
The Secretary will provide an effective administrative service in school, including representing our school front of house and having specific responsibility for assisting the Headteacher in the preparation and monitoring of the school’s budgetary provision to ensure proper accounting of the school finances.
Salary to be paid on the Pay Spine for Professional, Administrative and Clerical Job Family: Scale 1 from £8.90 per hour to Scale 4 (up to £10.65 per hour) depending on qualifications & experience.
Part time: 20 hours per week
Start Date: as soon as possible
We are looking for someone who:
• is caring, patient and enthusiastic, with good communication skills
• has high expectations
• is skilled in ICT use
• is confident with finance and willing to use ICT finance systems
• demonstrates attention to detail and accurate record keeping skills.
We can offer:
• happy, enthusiastic, keen and well behaved pupils
• term time working (though we require several days work during the school holidays annually to complete month and year end procedures in August and where the end of the financial year coincides with the Easter holidays)
• a friendly school community with a distinctive ethos.
• a redecorated and rejuvenated learning environment.
• a supportive school Senior Leadership team where effort, encouragement and excellence are celebrated and where professional development opportunities are provided.
If you are a dedicated and skilled administrator, please contact Ms Claire Davy, our School secretary, on 01223 207382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit and application pack. Visits are strongly encouraged and welcomed.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 29th April 2019
Provisional Interview date: from 30th April.
We actively promote equality of opportunity in employment to reflect the communities we serve. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria will be offered an interview. This school is committed to safeguarding including the Prevent agenda and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this. Giving false information is an offence and could result in the application being rejected and referred to the police. Any appointment made will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check, right to work in the UK and qualifications check, satisfactory references and medical clearance. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice and information in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.