Early Years Practitioner Vacancy
Duration of Post: Permanent
Hours: 8:30am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday with 30 minutes unpaid lunch break
Work Commitment: 39 weeks
Start Date: September 2019
Salary Range: Level 1A, SCP 2, Annual pro-rated salary £15,081.60
Closing date: Midday on Tuesday 7th May
Interviews: Thursday 9th May
We require an enthusiastic Early Years practitioner to join our EYFS team. We have a large and busy foundation unit welcoming children between the ages of 2 and 5 years of age. The successful candidate must have a love of the outside; we have a vast outdoor learning environment with chickens, a spinney and a pond. They must feel passionately about the right of every child to an outstanding education. They must be able to foster learning through creativity and play; bringing excitement and enthusiasm at all times.
Your working day will include taking every step possible to ensure that our children are aware of and can meet their true potential. You will be observing and assessing children through a variety of means as well as sharing children’s achievements and needs with their parents and a team of dedicated professionals. You will be responsible for reflecting a child’s learning journey through the use of an online journal.
To be a good practitioner, you must have:
• The ability to build strong relationships with children, families and staff.
• A commitment to equal opportunities.
• A good understanding of safeguarding procedures.
• Excellent standards of literacy and numeracy.
• A secure knowledge of the ‘Development Matters’ document and the EYFS framework.
• The ability to work effectively in a team.
• Organisational and time management skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to foster confidence, independence and a love of learning within young children.
• Patience and a good sense of humour.
Winhills Primary Academy can offer you;
• Collaborative approach to working;
• Opportunities to train/work with other schools within the Diamond Learning Partnership Trust to share best practice and resources;
• A friendly and professional team;
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• A caring and supportive working environment;
For a sample of who we are and what we do why not browse our website; http://www.winhills-cambs.co.uk/
Visits to our Academy are warmly welcomed so that you can see our fantastic staff and incredible children in action. We strongly encourage you to look around our school or ring the Headteacher for a chat on 01480 211626.
Application forms can be downloaded from The Winhills Primary Academy website; http://www.winhills-cambs.co.uk/
Application forms with covering letter should be sent to HR@diamondlearningtrust.com or posted to the HR Office at:
Winhills Primary Academy
Off Duck Lane
Winhills Primary Academy is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check, two satisfactory references and a Disclosure of Criminal Record and Disqualification Declaration.
Winhills Primary Academy is part of The Diamond Learning Partnership Trust, a charitable multi-academy trust specialising in the Primary sector. We are building a thriving community of schools that succeed on behalf of their children. The Family of Academies within the Trust currently incorporates two hubs; St Neots and Fenland.
The St Neots hub has seven academies; Middlefield, Winhills, The Round House, Great Staughton, Kimbolton, Wintringham and Roman Way. The Fenland hub has five academies; Thomas Eaton, Glebelands, Leverington, Murrow and Braybrook. As such, joining our MAT means joining an organisation with an array of career opportunities that span twelve different locations.