(Non-contract - Salary: Point 12 - £11.19 per hour)
Required as soon as possible, this is a part time position based on flexible hours & would suit someone who could be available Monday to Friday at short notice to work part or full school days dependent on daily requirements to cover staff absence in the classroom (between 1 & 6 hours as required).
The Academy is continuing to expand and due to its popularity and increasing student numbers, a new £6 million wing was opened in September 2018. This extension is an addition to the £20.6 million state-of-the-art building that was completed September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment at an Academy that has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion.
The Academy has continued to build on the successes of the last few years and achieved strong results at GCSE & A-Level in the summer. It is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) with the recent inspection stating:
• Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
• Pupils are making very good progress
• Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
Outline of Key Responsibilities
• To supervise students during the absence of class teachers;
• The Learning Supervisor is not required to teach;
• Supervising students who are following a programme of study in a classroom environment whose work has already been set.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an effective communicator, both orally and in writing;
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with teaching and support staff;
• The ability to relate well to young people is essential;
• Be a ‘team player’.
Previous experience working in a school environment would be an advantage, but not essential as training will be provided for the right candidate.
For further details relating to this post, please contact Maureen Roberts, by email to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday – Wednesday 13th November 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of references & an enhanced disclosure from the CRB
School website: http://bushfield.co.uk