Wisbech St Mary C of E Academy
(a part of the Diocese of Ely Multi-Academy Trust) is seeking to appoint a
Senior Midday Supervisor
Required January 2020
• 5 days per week, term time only
• Hours of work are 11.45am to 1.15pm daily
• 7 hours and 30 minutes per week
• Holidays and leave to fall within school holiday periods
DEMAT and Wisbech St Mary C of E Academy are looking to appoint an inspirational and dedicated person to lead our Lunchtime Team to start in January 2020.
Wisbech St Mary C of E Academy is a superbly-resourced, one-form entry primary school with an attached Pre-School located in the quaint Fenland village of Wisbech St Mary which has a strong community spirit; it is a member of the Diocese of Ely Multi-Academy Trust (DEMAT). At Wisbech St Mary we firmly believe that happy, secure children will make the most of their opportunities. We are therefore dedicated to providing an innovative and exciting approach to learning, within a nurturing, distinctive environment. Our friendly and committed staff enjoy working in partnership with all our children, their parents, and the wider community. Our aim is to provide the children with whatever support they need in order for them to achieve their potential.
The successful candidate will be the Team Leader for our Midday Supervisors and will be required to:
Work with Children*
1. To be responsible for the care and wellbeing of pupils throughout the lunch hour, setting high standards of conduct in line with our school ethos.
2. Resolve any behaviour issues and report any serious incidents to the Headteacher.
3. Deal with accidents and report them on the form provided, and notify the Headteacher in cases of illness and accidents as soon as possible that day.
4. Reward pupils with praise, stickers and certificates for good behaviour and manners.
Work with Staff*
1. Organise and lead the Midday Supervisors throughout the midday break.
2. Liaise with the School Cook for the smooth service of the meal.
3. To support the Headteacher in recruiting new staff to the team and providing induction training.
4. To participate in any relevant CPD/training including the annual briefing for the team.
5. Safeguarding and Health & Safety.
*Please see the full Job Description and Person Specification for further detail.
What we can offer you in return:
• being part of a supportive and dynamic team;
• being part of a school with experience and highly skilled staff who have the capacity to support and mentor others;
• being part of a school with a senior management team with the drive and ambition to succeed;
• being part of a school with strong parental and community links, including an active PTFA which has been running for over 40 years and raises significant amounts of money each year for the school to enhance provision and resources;
• being part of a school with good quality IT resources and provision and support from a highly-skilled IT Leader available to team-teach and support teaching and learning;
• access to tailored professional development opportunities;
• being part of a growing multi-academy trust, and benefitting from the links and relationships between schools in 3 counties;
• regular, allocated meeting time with line manager;
• enthusiastic children who demonstrate high standards of behaviour for learning;
• dedication from all senior leaders to create a healthy work/life balance;
• a happy, vibrant school where children are central to our ethos at all times.
Why not come and meet us over a cup of tea and see what we can offer. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged – to arrange a visit please contact Audrey Embling, School Office Manager either by telephone: (01945) 410 312 or by email: email@example.com.
For more information and an application pack, please visit our website: www.wsmacademy.co.uk
Application forms should be addressed to Miss J Lynch, Headteacher. Applications may be returned by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off in paper copy at the school office.
Closing Date: Friday 6th December 2019 at 9am
Interview Date: Friday 13th December 2019
The Diocese of Ely Multi-Academy Trust (DEMAT) is an equal opportunities employer and employs suitably-qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any appointments will be subject to satisfactory medical checks, references and an enhanced DBS check.
School website: http://www.wsmacademy.co.uk