Start date: Summer Term or September 2020
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: Group 3 £52,643 - £ £71,590
Contract term: Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspiring Headteacher to lead our school on its continuing journey of achievement and success.
Our friendly school is a larger than average primary, situated in the wonderful village of Burwell just outside Cambridge. Burwell Village College Primary School is a friendly, inclusive and caring environment, where we strive to achieve a balance between high academic standards and the all-round development of the children in our care.
Our new Headteacher will be part of a hardworking team, who are proud of their school and truly believe in the potential of every child in their care. The school ethos is one of inclusion, respect and high aspirations for all. We are committed to ensuring our school community develops lifelong learners.
A successful candidate will:
• Lead by example with an open communication style that will challenge and motivate others.
• Have high aspirations for our pupils and the drive to ensure all our children achieve their best.
• Be a forward-thinking candidate, with a clear vision who can lead, motivate and enthuse staff, students, parents and the local and wider community.
• Think creatively to anticipate and solve problems.
• Possess an enthusiasm for developing a well-connected and coherent curriculum.
• Be committed to the expectations of outstanding teaching and have the skills to support teachers in achieving this.
• Be able to think strategically about the school’s future and collaboratively create an inspiring vision which builds upon the school’s strong foundations.
• Have the highest personal and professional integrity and have the same expectations of your team.
• Have personal resilience and the ability to manage a variety of challenges as they arise.
What we can offer:
• A dedicated team committed to school improvement.
• A hardworking and committed team.
• Well mannered, inquisitive and keen learners who are supported in their education by their families.
• A motivated and engaged Interim Executive Board.
• A purpose built and well-resourced school with extensive grounds, including all-weather courts, pond and wildlife area, and excellent outdoor and EYFS facilities.
If you are interested in this challenging and exciting opportunity, we would strongly encourage you to visit our school on the following days, please call to book an appointment.
Tuesday 10th December 2019 – PM Monday 16th December 2019 - PM
Thursday 12th December 2019 Tuesday 17th December 2019 – PM
Thursday 9th January 2020
Visits and application packs can be arranged by contacting Karen Taylor (School Business Manager) on 01638 613103 or via email to email@example.com. CVs will not be accepted.
For an informal conversation, please contact Miss Colette McNally (Deputy) on 01638 613103
Closing date: 12 noon 13th January 2020.
Interviews: 21st /22nd January 2020.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be sought for all successful candidates.
School website: http://burwellvillage.cambs.sch.uk