Highfield Littleport Academy is a well-resourced, area special school, which works in partnership with Highfield Ely. The school opened in September 2017 and currently has 100 pupils on roll, and will grow to its maximum of 120 in September 2020. The age range for both sites is 2 to 19 years of age and all pupils have Education, Health and Care Plans for a wide range of Special Educational Needs.
We are looking to recruit a class teacher to cover a maternity leave.
We are looking to appoint:
• An outstanding practitioner who is able to meet a range of learning needs in the classroom and teaching in any class where their skills fit
• A team member who can think creatively and demonstrate excellent communication skills
• A teacher who is able to demonstrate a flexible approach and recognises the importance of accessing learning opportunities outside the classroom
• A teacher who has experience of or an interest in working with students with a range of sensory needs and associated behaviours
• Somebody who demonstrates the ability to lead an area of whole school provision
In return we offer:
• The opportunity to play a significant part in the many exciting developments we are currently leading
• A strong leadership team with a shared vision of school development for Highfield Academies
• Working alongside a welcoming, caring and supportive staff who are committed to providing the best outcomes for all learners
• An exciting teaching role where no two days are ever the same!
Visits to the school are encouraged, please contact the school to arrange a mutually convenient time. For more information and an application pack, please contact the Academy on 01353 223301 or by downloading an Application Form from the website (www.highfieldlittleport.org).
Candidates called for interview please note that references will be requested once you have confirmed your attendance for interview.
The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer. We particularly welcome applications from people of all races, nationalities and ethnicities.
The Academy and the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. We expect all staff to actively share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to the taking of satisfactory references and enhanced criminal record clearance in line with the need to create and maintain a safe culture in our recruitment
Closing date for applications: Midday on 31/01/2020
Interviews to be held: Week Commencing 10/02/2020