Teaching Assistant Vacancy
Dates: Apply by midday on Tuesday 25 February 2020
Start: April 2020 or sooner
Salary: Actual: £14, 559 per annum Scale Point 6:07
32.5 hours per week term time only
Location: Heltwate, North Bretton Peterborough PE3 8RL
Contract type: Full time permanent
Interviews: Friday 6 March
Heltwate School is a welcoming and supportive Special School for pupils aged 4 to 19 years of age. All students have an Education Health Care Plan and we work collectively to support their severe and complex needs.
We currently have a vacancy for a Teaching Assistant and are looking to appoint an enthusiastic team player whose skills and experiences can support the pupils in meeting their individual needs .
We are seeking to appoint an individual who:
• Have a desire and an enthusiasm to support our pupils with SEND
achieve their full potential through helping deliver a differentiated
• Are capable of dealing with behaviours that challenge
• Are enthusiastic, confident and able to show initiative
• Have good organisational skills
• Are friendly with a good sense of humour
• Are calm and patient
• Are effective communicators with pupils, staff and parents
• Possess good literacy and numeracy skills
• Can work as part of a team and effective alone
• Can form positive and professional relationships with pupils, staff and
The successful applicant will be confident in their abilities to support children and young people with severe learning needs and autism within a classroom environment, support behaviours that may challenge and be flexible to be able to work across the age phases.
Visits to the school to meet our pupils and staff are welcomed and encouraged. To make arrangements please contact the school office: 01733 262878.
Please visit our website for school information. Application packs can be downloaded from our website: www.heltwate.co.uk
Completed applications should be returned to the postal address or via email to Mrs Leigh Bowes, Headteacher’s PA: email@example.com
Heltwate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in its care and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to the receipt of two satisfactory references and an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
School website: http://www.heltwate.co.uk