Class Teacher – Great Staughton Primary Academy
Start date: 1st September 2020
Contract: Full time, (NQT’s welcome to apply)
Duration: Fixed Term (Maternity Leave Cover) to July 2021
We are looking to recruit an outstanding Teacher to work at Great Staughton Primary Academy and take our pupils on a learning journey which is a fusion of excellence and enjoyment.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the leadership and management of our academy, promote the highest academic outcomes for all children within the class and ensure a clear focus on every child being able to progress, develop and succeed. You will have the desire and ability to develop a successful teaching team and promote the vision for excellence in learning at Great Staughton Primary Academy.
You will need to demonstrate that you:
• Are excited by teaching and strive to make learning irresistible through captivation and encouragement;
• Have an excellent knowledge of the curriculum and an understanding of how young children learn;
• Are well-organised and efficient;
• Have a proven track record of outstanding teaching leading to good progress for all;
• Have high expectations of behaviour and achievement resulting in good outcomes for children;
• Have a secure knowledge of how to cater for all educational needs;
• Commit yourself through effort and teamwork;
• Are solution driven and resilient;
• Are reflective of their own practice and responds positively to evaluation;
Great Staughton Primary Academy can offer you:
• Highly motivated and well behaved children in a school that has a reputation for being warm and welcoming;
• An exciting curriculum where creativity and real purposeful learning is key;
• Staff who demonstrate a truly collaborative approach to learning and teaching;
• High calibre support staff;
• A motivated, pro-active and supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body who have a clear vision for the future direction and onward growth of the school;
• A role to raise standards of achievement & attainment, the quality of provision within EYFS/KS1/KS2;
• A supportive local community with keen parents who are supportive of the home school partnership;
• A commitment to continuing your Professional Development and opportunities to further develop yourself professionally;
Benefits of working for the Diamond Learning Partnership Trust include:
• Collaborative approach to working;
• Access to high quality professional development as part of the School Development Programme (The Diamond Learning Partnership Trust);
• Opportunities to train/work with other schools within the Diamond Learning Partnership Trust to share best practice and resources.;
• Centrally-run services that reduce the time-consuming administrative tasks so teachers can concentrate on educational performance.
Great Staughton Primary Academy is part of The Diamond Learning Partnership Trust. The Trust is a charitable multi-academy trust (MAT) specialising in the Primary sector. We are building a thriving community of schools that succeed on behalf of their children.
For a sample of who we are and what we do visit our website at:
Visits to our Academy are warmly encouraged or you can contact our Headteacher, Mrs. Suzi Whiting, for a chat on 01480 860324.
Application forms can be downloaded from Great Staughton Primary Academy website; http://www.greatstaughton.cambs.sch.uk/job-vacancies/
Completed application forms together with a covering letter should be sent to HR@diamondlearningtrust.com or sent by post to:
The Diamond Learning Partnership Trust
c/o Winhills Primary Academy
Off Duck Lane
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 24th February 2020
Interviews will take place on: Thursday 27th February 2020
The Diamond Learning Partnership Trust is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check, two satisfactory references and a Disclosure of Criminal Record and Disqualification Declaration.
School website: http://www.greatstaughton.cambs.sch.uk/